Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

For our memorial day weekend we both actually had the same days off and got to go do our first major hike of the season!!! YEAH!! Kyle, me and our three pups went down south to climb Mt. Nebo, it's outside of Nephi if you're interested. It has no reliably water source, so Samson and Striker had packs to carry some water for them, and water also made up the majority of our pack weights. After I got off of work Sat. we drove down, but really didn't get hiking till about 7:30 pm. We made it a few miles, discluding time that I spent chasing after striker in the woods (I was sure he add caught his pack on something, but I think it was just a deer he decided to chase!! grrrr). The next day we carried our packs up to the next camp site and headed the rest of the way up with day packs. Got lost, ended up going up a scree field, and finally made it up the ridge. It was beautiful, but I felt like a big wus, bc half of both of my heels were covered with ripped open blisters. Needless to say we didn't summit, but it was tons of fun and had lots of great views. We'll be back to conquer Mt. Nebo another day, most likely without the dogs and tougher feet. Note: Mt. Nebo's elevation: 11,922 (we probably had about 500 ft more to go elevation wise. damn....

1 Comments:

Blogger jocelyn said...

Right on Ten! I did nothing nearly as impressive but did manage to get on my mt bike for the second time since Sam was born. I was very shakey but survived. Crossing my fingers I managed to avoid the poison oak. ox- J

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home