
Hi everyone! I am finally getting my act together and putting some stuff online.. you all have inspired me so! I am getting into the swing of things over here in walla walla, and having a fun time getting comfy in my apartment with my fabulous roomate. We are quite the little family in our house, one of our best friends lives in a studio apartment above us so together there are the three of us, three fish, a frog, two cats and the occasional presence of my boyfriends rot. quite the animal kingdom!
anyways- thought I might post a few pics from India. there are so many that it difficult to choose from! this first pic is obviously me at a really neat tea estate we went and visited... great organic tea that is sold here in the states under the label "small farmers tea". because of the costs of production involved, we weren't able to find the tea sold in India, but it is evidentally sold in europe and the states.

this is my fabulous family... my grandmother, ujjwal (my 16 year old little brother, back), uma (center, my 14 year old lil sis), ganesh (front, 12 year old little brother) and my aamaa and baabaa (left, mother and father). it was quite a trip to be the oldest sibling! :)
forgive me for my messy layout, still figuring this all out! this next pic is of me and one of my nieces in my rural village homestay family. I was living with them for about two weeks, a family of 14 in one house! very overwhelming and a pretty intense experience. their nepali language is very different in that region, so the communication was very strained. Thank goodness for this little girl, the perfect icebreaker!I have to run off to a meeting, but will try to do a more complete and less messy post later! I love you all and you are all in my thoughts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home