End of Summer
These photos were taken of the boys at Spring Lake over Labor Day weekend. I had no desire or energy to format them correctly. Does anyone know if you can do this here? I'm thinking not. Anyway, Labor Day weekend we had no plans and just decided to check out the swimming lagoon - the swimming galloon as Sam puts it. Sam and Bennet had the best time swimming and spashing and eating fresh peaches. Mmm...
Today was definitely not an Indian summer day. The leaves are starting to fall and the wind was blowing. Brr. The day could not have been more off. Bennet had me up at 3:45am and then Sam demanded breakfast at 6:45. Painful. I have a cold and really wanted nothing more than to sleep in. Yeah right. Bennet had the most explosive diaper after breakfast. Truly amazing. It took forever and ever to get out of the house to return overdue library books and then...the van wouldn't start. Dead battery. Ha! What gives? Did we have it coming? The entire morning was utterly and completely ridiculous with a few temper tantrums thrown in for fun. I'm pretty sure I contributed.
We had a better afternoon. Sam is so ready for soccer. We played keep away until we were exhausted. Bennet is much more into throwing balls and apples. We still have apples everywhere. Perhaps I shall make a pie. I've finally figured out a pretty simple and tasty way to make an everything free pie. It's entirely dependent on a Whole Foods crust so I can't take any credit but my in-laws actually asked for the recipe. Hee hee.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home