Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Blackberries and Bicycles


All for the love of berries...My arm looks like a house cat attacked me. The boys and I went black berry picking. I must've been too greedy reaching deep into the bramble for that last, big, plump berry. Next time we go I will wear long sleeves, pants, boots, and gloves. Oh, if only I'd only had gloves. Our pie tonight was pretty good though.

The boys had a blast eating berries as they wandered along the banks of the swimming gawoon (it's not galloon it's gawoon). When we first arrived Sam was very sad to see that the gawoon was closed for the season. He wanted to go home in fact. That was before his friend showed up and lead us to the berries. Mmm goodness. We went to the Environmental Discovery Center afterward to say hello to the bat star fish, the stuffed mountain lion and the turtle. We made paper starfish decorated with cheerios. Sam's little friend made a bird house out of a milk carton and string. It was a fun time.

I thought Sam and Bennet would be out for the count this afternoon. No such luck. No nap means very long day for Mama SyCip. Uhg. Dad came home and saved the day with his bicycle surprise. The boys love riding bikes with Daddy. Now Sam can't get away. I wonder how long this will last.

1 Comments:

Blogger JESStheMESS said...

love the picture.. so cute! sounds like you guys are having lots of fun!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home