Monday, October 22, 2007

No Sleepy

Hey all,

Just got Bennet back to sleep and now I can't sleep. Ahg. My brain is full. First off, I'm so sorry to hear about Buck. I suppose it was his time to go. Never easy and so sad. Buck was very loved. I'm glad you all got together and had a ceremony for him. It's amazing how fast life is going by. I remember when Hodge got Buck and how little Buck would race down the hallway following Hodge. "Buck". All Hodge had to do was say his name in that deep tone and he'd stop and look up with those big eyes. Ah. We'll miss Buck.

We had another full weekend of pumpkin patches and birthday gatherings. Sam and Bennet are finally over colds so we joined up with Sam's group today to go to a patch in Petaluma. It was hot - in the 70s at least. The place we went to was just nuts. Jumpy houses and pick your own flowers, a petting zoo, live music. Patches are serious biz down here. Bennet loved the farm animals. Sam just wanted to see his friends. He could've been anywhere. His little group is scattering now that second babies have arrived, work schedules have changed and preschool is in the picture. All the moms have gotten so busy. We miss our group support but suppose that change was inevitable.

Saturday I helped with a bake sale for school. I ate too many bake sale items and bought a lot of books and shirts for Sam. While I was "helping" with the sale, Jay took the boys on a 3 seater bicycle ride and then it was time for Sam to practice his two-wheel bicycling. Sam is riding without his training wheels! He's even figuring out how to take off on his own. Papa J is so proud. I can't believe Sam's really doing it. He's kinda out of control but well on his way. We've taken some video. Need to take some pics too.

Bennet took a late nap, hence the 2am wake-up and general restlessness. He's defintely growing. Wow. Mum sent us an article about picky eaters. Don't think that's our problem. Bennet was sucking on dried little fish today. Ewk. Sam has been requesting smoked oysters and garlic fried rice for breakfast. He's had to learn that this is not something his Mama is going to make for him. Tonight Bennet had the most enormous bowl of lentils, veggies and rice. Yeehaw. If we can just lose some of the allergies we'll be set.

Well lots of love to you all. Hodge, we really need to talk soon. It's been months. Tenney, I hope classes are going well and that you are still thinking about heading this way for a break?? Jess, are you ready for your big trip? So excited for you. Mum and Donny, "Goal and the Dream Begins" was very cute. Mum, are you ready for lots of bicycles and mud? Looking forward to seeing you in Portland for Cyclocross Worlds. Jay can't wait to head up.

Ok. Brain is feeling less full.

Love you guys,

me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home